Geek’d Con – Shreveport, Louisiana
GEEK’D CON RETURNS TO SHREVEPORT AUGUST 18th – 20th, 2017!
Geek’d Con is coming to the Shreveport Convention Center with three days of amazing fun, filled with comic books, cosplay, art, games, and more. Join us Friday night for a vendor preview, and Saturday and Sunday, full of vendors, artists, talent, panels, and entertainment.
Once tickets are availble, you can get info by calling (318) 688-1130, Monday-Friday from 8a-5p.
EVENT DAY INFORMATION
VENDORS & ENTERTAINMENT
Get your business in front of THOUSANDS of Shreveport’s most passionate geeks! Join us for Geek’d Con as a vendor, artist, or sponsor. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Geek’d Con is a family event. Because of that, we ask all cosplayers use a PG mentality. Not just with suggestive materials, but blood and gore as well. Think “Swimsuit coverage” and “General Halloween gore”
2. Due to the nature of our event, ANY weapon prop must be AN OBVIOUS TOY. Nothing that resembles a real weapon will be allowed in. THERE WILL BE NO TAG, ZIP TIE, OR OTHER EXCEPTIONS. NO airsoft weapons, nerf darts, bb guns, bladed weapons, or paintball guns.
Weapons that APPEAR to be real will be removed as well, even if they are plastic. Even painted Nerf weapons will be removed.
Items must be OBVIOUSLY A TOY from a distance. Bright yellow Nerf guns, plastic light sabers, rubber swords will be allowed.There will be no judgement calls, it is zero tolerance.
3. No projectiles should be part of your cosplay.
4. No flames, pyro, smoke generators, fog machines, or vapors will be allowed.
5. We ask all attendees ASK before photographing other cosplayers.
6. No liquids or materials that could damage vendor merchandise if spilled will be allowed as a part of your cosplay. This includes, but is not limited to, fake blood and glitter.
7. Footwear must be worn at all times. The Shreveport Convention Center also bans the use of rollerskates, rollerblades, and other “roller” shoes.
8. If you plan to wear something that looks official, military or law enforcement, make it obvious that you are in cosplay. Shreveport PD will be on-hand all weekend, and would probably like to have a word with you otherwise.
9. There is a zero tolerance policy on cosplay bullying as well. If you find it necessary to mock someone, or their cosplay, you will be removed from the event. Our event is a safe environment for everyone to cosplay in.
10. Any hate symbols will be removed from Geek’d Con, more than likely with the person who brought them in.
11. All rules are subject to change at anytime. Neither Geek’d Con or the Shreveport Convention Center are responsible for lost or damaged cosplay property.